The Menagerie is The LaSallian’s features section, made up of a collective of writers who inform, entertain, and provoke. From the mainstream to the obscure, both inside and outside the University, the Menagerie finds the untold stories in all aspects of human life and culture, sharing them through a unique lens and perspective.
If you’re thinking of applying, here’s a quick checklist to help you decide! Applicants must have:
- Skills in writing, of course
- A good eye for stories
- Creativity and versatility
- Confidence to conduct interviews
- Capability to work well with others
Menagerie writers are tasked to do the following:
- Pitch ideas during monthly storyboards
- Write monthly articles for both online and print
- Cover all kinds of events, which range from conventions to business competitions and advocacy launchings
- Work with co-writers and assigned photographers and artists
Drop by our booth if you have any more questions, or download a copy of our application form now to get a head start!
If this doesn’t sound like a good fit for you, feel free to read through the recruitment details for the University, Sports, Photo, Layout, Art & Graphics, and Web sections, or go back to the main page.